Finding treasures in Minecraft

Minecraft players can fish to find the food they need. Players can catch many types of fish with a simple fishing rod and some patience. These fish can be eaten raw or cooked in some cases.

Fish are not the only thing Minecraft players can catch while fishing. You can find treasure items like saddles or enchanted books. These items are not very common.

There are ways players can increase their catch rates, but it is not impossible. This guide will help players get started.

Different types of treasure items

Minecraft players have the opportunity to fish in-game for a variety of treasures. These are:

The chance of finding a treasure object is about 5% by default. Each treasure item has a different rate of occurrence. This gives each treasure item a 0.8% chance to be caught.

Enchantments for fishing rods

The standard fishing rod has a 85% chance to catch fish and a 10% chance to catch junk items. The remaining 5% is made up of treasure items. These odds are not ideal but players can improve them by using enchantments.

Five enchantments can be applied to fishing rods in Minecraft. Each has its own purpose and function. Only two of these enchantments can affect how fishing works in Minecraft.

Fishing rods with the Lure Enchantment will have a higher rate of bites from fish if they are equipped. This enchantment will not increase the player's chances to find treasure, but it will reduce their waiting time.

Luck of the Sea

A fishing rod enchanted by Luck of the Sea will have a better chance of finding treasure. The chance to catch a treasure item is 7.1% at level I. This percentage increases with each level. Level II has 9.2% and level III has 11.3%.

Although it can be difficult to find treasure by fishing in-game, it is still a fun and exciting aspect of Minecraft gameplay.